8th Saturday October 2016
Whangamata Harbour, NZ.
Briefing will be at Saturday 10am at the park beside the Ski Lane. Approx midday high tide.
Around the buoys racing. Course is approximately 2nm, there will be three beach starts top of each hour about 5 to 10 mins apart. 3x one lap races
Classes that we have prizes for are.
2 1/2 dinghy
4 1/2 dinghy amateur (production boats)
4 1/2 dinghy pro
New bermudan 20 footers
All engines must use standard seagull parts only except for modified class.
* ALL SKIPPERS MUST HAVE A CELL PHONE ON THEM DURING ALL RACING AND ALL SKIPPERS AND CREW MUST WEAR LIFEJACKETS WHEN THEY ARE ON A BOAT AT ALL TIMES as per Environment Waikato Regional Council bylaws. The Harbour Master will be keeping an eye on us.
* We will monitor vhf channel 6 if skippers want to use a VHF radio instead of there cellphones
* Prize giving will be at 6.30 at the Coastguard rooms. There is going to be a meal, details TBA. Should be wrapped up about 9pm.
* Entry fee to all 3 Seagull events, Will be $TBA dollars for the boat and skipper will include one meal. Extra meals will need to be paid for when you enter.
We need to cover our costs. Any money left over will be donated to our local Coastguard.
We will have a couple of private addresses to park your trailers as our Council will Fine you if you park a trailer near the boat ramp without one of their $6 dollar parking permits.
* I am still looking for a couple of Volunteers to act as Time Keepers and Starter. I am also looking for a Sheriff to dish out fines payable to Coastguard Whangamata.
* Also, I have a couple of Dinghies available if you only want to bring your engine and not a boat but you will need to contact me ASAP and be here Friday arvo to collect them.
* A pair of oars is essential or an anchor.
* My phone number is 0276085770 Andy Murray – feel free to contact my after 6.30 pm to answer any questions.
* Please let me know ASAP if you are coming to our event and what you want to enter in so we can plan catering etc.
You cannot camp on the roadside reserve.
Also the local council require you to have a ‘parking permit’ to park your boat trailer on the road. You’ll need to contact ‘Andy’ for accommodation earlier rather than later. A pre-payment should likely secure you a place email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here for Events Calendar November